Our Privacy Principles
Zyqual Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held.
The categories of data we process
- Personal details.
- Teachers’ progress and performance.
- Lesson observation feedback details.
- Employment and education details.
- We also process sensitive classes of information that may include physical or mental health details, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs.
Data we collect
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications.
- Log information – When you access Zyqual Assessment system, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications related to Zyqual Assessment, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – Zyqual Assessment may present hyperlinks in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our product.
This information is used for the provision of the Zyqual Assessment system service and for:
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our service.
- Protecting the rights or property of Zyqual Ltd or our users.
How we process data
The Zyqual Assessment system processes data provided by school/academy to allow them to:
- Make data about a teachers available to the teacher and their line managers/senior leaders to support the teacher’s CPD and performance.
- Make data about teachers available to school/academy leadership staff to help them support teachers’ CPD and to work more efficiently.
- Make aggregated data about teachers (containing no user-identifiable data) available to their Governing Bodies and/or Multi-Academy Trusts to help them support teachers’ CPD.
We will also use anonymised data (containing no user-identifiable information) for:
- Producing statistical analyses to help us improve our service and to support schools and academies.
- Producing marketing materials.
The basis on which data is processed
- Zyqual Ltd acts as a Data Processor and the school/academy transferring data to us acts as a Data Controller.
- Maintained schools and academies generally have a lawful basis to process data related to teachers’ assessment and to transfer it to Zyqual for processing to pursue their legitimate interests, but our customers are responsible for ensuring they have the necessary measures in place before they transfer data to us.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except where disclosure is:
- Necessary to enforce our rights, including under the Zyqual Terms and Conditions.
- Necessary to enforce our rights under any other Terms and Conditions.
- Required or permitted by law.
- Sub-processors – Zyqual Ltd will not sub-contract any processing to third parties without the school/academy’s written consent.
- Cross-border transfers – Zyqual Ltd does not transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless the data is being accessed by a Zyqual user outside the EEA.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to Zyqual Ltd employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If a school ends their Zyqual Assessment subscription, data held within the live system will be:
- Anonymised within four weeks of cancellation.
- Deleted within sixteen weeks of cancellation.
Backups of data containing user-identifiable information will be deleted within 6 months.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines several rights. More information about these rights, including the conditions under which they apply, can be found here. You have the right to:
- Ask for access to, or rectification or erasure of your data.
- Restrict processing (pending correction or deletion).
- Object to communications or direct marketing.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
You should address such requests to your school/academy which acts as the Data Controller. None of the data within the Zyqual Assessment system is subject to the right for data portability. Zyqual does not carry out any profiling or automated decision making with a "legal or similarly significant effect"
Questions and complaints
152 – 160 City Road,
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Zyqual Ltd ‘s policy to contact the complainant regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Zyqual Ltd and an individual.